Landscaping and construction of Damrosch Park was totally completed in 1969. The venue got its name after a family of musicians who got their place in NYC’s music history due to a great contribution and enormous musical heritage left.
Leopold Damrosch who left his hometown for New York in 1871 together with his family could not even imagine that he would be ever honored to have a park named after him. The place is now not only a massive cultural outdoor center, it is also a perfect choice to breathe some fresh air and simply have a walk. There are park benches, restrooms, walking paths, stages for live performances, and more.
The main area of the park can host over 3,000 guests.