St Paul's Chapel was inaugurated in 1766 as a branch of the Parish of Trinity Church which was established in the year of 1697. It is situated in Lower Manhattan, at 209 Broadway at Wall Street, between Vesey St. and Fulton St. This abode of the Lord was designed in Georgian style by a remarkable architect, Thomas McBean and was brought to life by a master craftsman from New York named Andrew Gautier who has been credited with a half burial vault in the Trinity Churchyard for himself and his family.
Till date, the building, 14th largest denomination of the nation, continues to be the longest standing building which is being used even today. Interestingly, St. Paul’s Chapel remains Catholic, even though it is linked with The Episcopal Church which has been described as Protestant. The structure also withstood the destruction of the World Trade Centre, which had stood right across the street, only suffering a vast amount of dust and debris from the historical terrorist attack.
The church is available for prayer on a daily basis and continues to operate its traditional Sunday services. The visitors are recommended to take part in these services, including other community events such as concerts, labyrinth walks, and organ recitals, to pray in unison for a peaceful future of humanity.